Australia, its history and fascinating details
A brief history
Human beings are believed to have arrived in Australia about 40,000 years ago from Southeast Asia. They are the very first residents, called aborigines and they have descendant still these days ( More on Australia visa application ). People was around a million before the European settlement and today about 350,000 people live in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in the year 1606 while the British landed in 1688. However it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the land for Great Britain. A British colony was established in 1788 with around 161,000 English convicts moved and settled there. Former criminals and free settlers established six colonies which grew to become states later. In 1901 these colonies were federated into the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was created that included the US federal traditions and also British parliamentary.
Some fascinating facts about Australia
Australia is counted among the most exceptional places on earth. Right from the crazy Aussie laws, that might still exist, to the weird wild life, this country is stuffed with unusual and remarkable stuff. Although you might have heard about a few of the Australia facts, you may find here something new. So here are some interesting information about Australia
- 1. About 80% of Australian creatures are one of a kind – A few of the interesting animals on earth are located in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a variety of birds. You could find them in zoos or parks and can even spot them in the wild.
- 2. The huge rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is sacred to the aboriginal tribes and it has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Amazingly about 2.5 km of this rock is considered to be underground and linked to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
- 3. Over 60 wine areas – Visiting Australia and not drinking wine may not be a good idea, but with such a wide range it will be difficult to select among them. There are numerous vineyards stretched over the continent and you can get to those places to relish the exotic landscape.
- 4. Largest eco-system on earth – The Great Barrier Reef comprises of about 2500 reefs which are noticeable from place. Diving and snorkeling among the turtles and colorful fishes are the major highlights for a trip to Australia.
- 5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While a lot of people pay a visit to Australia for fantastic beaches, skiing lovers go to the Australian Alps. Snowfall begins in June and continues till September which makes the place stunning for skiing.
- 6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the highlight of Fraser Island, so jump on a boat and take a look at the delights of this heaven. It fantastic to find a dingo and this island has about 150 of them. Keep a safe distance because they’re wild and aggressive.
- 7. Worlds greatest war memorial – Beautiful and stunning landscapes along the route will get you captivated while traveling on the Great Ocean Road. The road was built as a memorial by the soldiers returning to their land after World War – 1.
So these were a few of the fascinating facts about Australia and if you would like to experience more of such incredible stuff, pack your bag and check out this wonderful location.